Saturday, December 1, 2012

Daydreamer.

I've been in a Mood lately.  With a capital M.

I know most of what's causing it.  Some of those causes are less irksome than others, although the way I handle them seems to be the same, and by that I mean that no matter what the cause, I'm not necessarily handling my Mood well.

I wish I could be as unaffected as I'd like to be.  But I can't, and for my writing, that's probably a good thing.  I need emotion to write.  Luckily, I'm full of emotion.

I am not always full of writing, though.  This week I've gotten down some real gems.  Solidified and fleshed out some new ideas.  Gotten a better sense of who some characters are, and how Emerson relates to them and is affected by them.

But I have not written a chapter this week.  I haven't been able to.  I need that to change.  I can carve out some writing time tomorrow, for sure, but will I feel solid enough to use it?  Will I be too tired, too cranky, too interested in reading, too tempted to lay in bed or the bathtub and daydream?

It's a good news/bad news thing when I daydream a lot.  It means my brain is fully engaged in the process of creating stories, and for a writer, that's a good thing.  But I need to focus on Emerson's story right now.  And when the life in my head sometimes seems more attractive than the life outside of my head, that's a red flag that something's not as right as it could be.

I'm an Aquarius.  Dreaming comes naturally to me.  But I've gotta find a break in the clouds big enough to allow me to write.


No comments:

Post a Comment