Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Clarity.

Some days I have the most incredible bursts of clarity.  This week has been full of those days.  I've had some big stuff on my mind, and I worked through a lot of it; I feel a little more settled and have gained a lot of important and interesting perspective.  I won't bore you with the details, but trust me when I tell you it's good for my writer brain to have this sort of clarity, to be able to move past things that would have ordinarily gotten under my skin--or worse, into my head.

I wrote a good chapter.  The best ones are the ones that write themselves.  That happened the other night, and it's a good sign.

Two more work days left until my next writer vacation.  Goal word count for vacation: 25,000.  That's if I make it to vacation without going insane (my workload's just a wee bit ginormous lately).  I ahve a lot of work ahead of me...to get to the other lot of work I have ahead of me.  But it'll all be worth it when I have a finished first draft that I'm totally stoked to revise.  (Finishing may not happen until the end of December.  I may wait a couple weeks to write the final chapters of the book.  It would be a fantastic way to end the year...)


No comments:

Post a Comment