Friday, December 28, 2012

Quick hits.

I'm currently battling a case of the sads.  I have no idea why.

OK, I have some idea, but it doesn't account for all the sad.  I'm trying to figure out if I want it to work its way into a short story.  I'm wondering if I can handle that.  (Maybe with a Woodchuck in hand.  Or maybe not.)

I've also been in a very macabre mood lately.  A leftover Halloween decoration, which I hadn't even put up for Halloween, is now a permanent decoration in my home.  Bloody handprints that affix to the mirror.  They look great at my vanity.  (Nobody would ever guess that I write about monsters...)

I started listening to Alkaline Trio again, which I only do when I'm in very specific moods.  Translation: Watch the fuck out.

I feel like there are things in my brain, the makings of a short story or several, gently clawing to get out.  I don't have a sense of what exactly they're like yet--just that they're there.  Stay tuned.

For the new year, I need more/better routine for my writing.  I need to do less that isn't writing-related.  I want my head to feel like it's going to explode from the sheer amount of creativity/characters inside, not because the daily mundane chores are all heaped upon me and making me feel like I'm thisclose to a massive freak-out.

I need to daydream less and do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment