Saturday, October 20, 2012

When I'm on...

...I'm really, really on.

Last night I wrote 1,500 (or so) words.  Blogged about writing.  Read about writing.  Made notes about the book.  Drew inspiration from various sources.

Then late at night, as they always do, little rumblings started happening in my head, the seedlings of ideas beginning to sprout as I was trying to fall asleep.  And when I woke up today, I spent 45 minutes laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, working through the plot of book 2 in the Emerson series.  Got up, talked through the plot with the boyfriend (who was definitely impressed and saw exactly how book 2 would move the whole series forward in interesting ways), and sat down and wrote up that plot.

It feels really good to feel like I know what I'm doing.  And it feels good to be able to come up with an interesting, viable plot.

I think Muse's "Panic Station" played a role in this; I was hearing that song in my head just as, in my mind's eye, I saw the end of the last major scene in book 2...  Muse--so aptly named!

No comments:

Post a Comment