Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Just one chapter.

It was only a chapter. Just one chapter. But last night, I finally wrote...for the first time in 2 weeks.

Work's been beyond insane. And the house has been messy. Both of those things can contribute to me having an inability to write.

Every day I remind myself that what happens outside of work hours is actually the most important stuff. That stuff is what satisfies me personally and creatively. I have to remember to not lose all my steam in the 9 hours of the day that happen before I can get to the stuff that really keeps me going.

The house got quite the cleaning over the weekend, making Labor Day an aptly-titled holiday. Vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, changing sheets, and more...plus a total overhaul of the kitchen. I can now actually find all my baking stuff! Now I can write...while noshing on freshly baked gluten-free cookies, brownies, etc.

Just as a little added fuel/inspiration, last week my friend Joe mentioned me in an article he'd written.  I'm grateful--in addition to reminding me that OMG MUSE ALBUM NEXT MONTH!!!!!, his article also reminded me that I am, in fact, a writer, and that it's time to start acting like one again.

Last night, I wrote. Tonight, I'll write again. Seems overly simplified, but that's exactly how the book will get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment