Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It's donut time!

I recently started bribing myself to write.  Every time I reach a word count milestone, I'm giving myself a fun little gift in celebration.  I just reached the 20,000 words milestone, and my gift this time is gluten-free jelly and custard donuts.  I've been craving them during my writing lately, and soon they will be mine!  (They're already ordered and paid for, so I'll be watching my mailbox...)

The next bribe gift?  At 30,000 words, I'm gifting myself a Dexter coffee mug.  And then at 40,000 words (my estimated halfway point--or maybe even a bit more than halfway) I'm giving myself a pretty labradorite ring.  As if making good progress on the novel wasn't reward enough, now I'll have something tangible--and in this case, also edible--to remind me of my achievements.

I'm already trying to figure out what my prize will be for finishing up the novel at 75,000 to 80,000 words.  It'll have to be something good, 'cause that'll be a hell of an achievement.  Luckily, I have plenty of--but hopefully not toooooooo much--time to figure it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment